We’re passing on this note about a Valley Beater for sale, located in Bellingham, Washington, which is very close to Vancouver BC:
I am located in Bellingham, Washington, which is very close the US/BC border, just beneath Vancouver and Surrey, so it would be conveniently close for anyone in the Vancouver Area to come down and have a look.I’m a professor of art at Western Washington University and I’m reluctantly selling my beater to help fund my sabbatical project in Germany, where I’ll soon be for one year.
HERE ARE THE ESSENTIAL DETAILS:
I have a working Voith Valley HOLLANDER Beater. It needs a new diaphragm and I had to dismantle it for transport, but it is otherwise a fully operational machine in good/very good condition. It is complete and comes with a very solid wood table with a 1-1/2” thick plywood top and 6” X 8” redwood legs. The 120V motor works and sits on an equally solid shelf beneath.
$1,250$1,000 [US dollars]
- This is a 1½ pound Valley Beater, serial number 109-E-1428 VS-01971.
- This beater has a cast iron tank and there is some rusting on the base near the drive pulley, but the interior is in good condition.
- The “dismantling” consisted of disconnecting plumbing and drive belts, and removing the beater from the table. The beater itself is fully assembled.
- The beater needs a new diaphragm, but you can make your own or we can sell you one if you can’t get one elsewhere.
- The seller has owned it about 4 years, and he believes the person he bought it from was the original owner.
- If you want to import this to Canada, the customs tariff classification is 8439.10.00.00 and it is duty-free (but you’ll still have to pay GST)
If you need additional information or are interested in buying this beater, please contact the seller, Sebastian Mendes, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update: Sebastian may be out of the country, so you should contact his wife, Theresa Smith, at email@example.com. Also, the price has been reduced to US$1000.